Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “When anyone of you stands for the prayers, Satan comes and puts him in doubts till he forgets how many rak`at he has prayed. So if this happens to anyone of you, he should perform two prostrations of Sahu while sitting.
Archive for November, 2011
Once the sun eclipsed and Allah’s Apostle stood up for the prayer and recited a very long Sura and when bowed for a long while and then raised his head and started reciting another Sura. Then he bowed, and after finishing, he prostrated and did the same in the second rak`a and then said,
“These (lunar and solar eclipses) are two of the signs of Allah and if you see them, pray till the eclipse is over. No doubt, while standing at this place I saw everything promised to me by Allah and I saw (Paradise) and I wanted to pluck a bunch (of grapes) therefrom, at the time when you saw me stepping forward. No doubt, I saw Hell with its different parts destroying each other when you saw me retreating and in it I saw `Amr bin Luhai who started the tradition of freeing animals (set them free) in the name of idols.”
Fasting is advocated in the month of Muharram. The Prophet is believed to have said: The best fasts after the fasts of Ramadan are those of the month of Muharram.” Although the fasts of the month of Muharram are not obligatory, yet one who fasts in these days out of his own will is entitled to a great reward by Allah Almighty. Fasting on the tenth day of Muharram, called Ashura, is particularly important, as it supposed to lead to great rewards. A person does not have to fast for the whole month. On the contrary, each fast during this month has merit.
Here are some activities that are recommended for the day of Ashurah:
1. To observe fast on this day.
2. To give as much charity as you can afford.
3. To perform Nafl Salat prayers.
4. To recite Surah Ikhlas 1000 times.
5. To visit and be in the company of pious Ulema.
6. To place a hand of affection on an orphan’s head.
7. To give generously to one’s relatives.
8. To put surma in one’s eyes.
9. To take a bath.
10. To cut one’s nails.
11. To visit the sick.
12. To establish friendly ties with one’s enemies.
13. To recite Dua-e- Ashurah
14. To visit the shrines of Awliyas and the graves of Muslims.
Hazrat Sayyedina Abu-Bakr Shibli Rahmatullahi ‘alayh every day from the first of Muharram up to the tenth of Muharram, used to read 4 rakahs nafl. In every rakah Surah Fatiha once, Surah Ikhlas 15 times and after completing the prayer used to bless the reward before the sacred soul of Hazrat Sayyedina wa Maulana Imam Hussain alayhis ‘salam. Thus one day Hazrat Shibly Rahmatullahi ‘alayh saw in his dream that Hazrat Sayyedina Imam Hussain alayhis ‘salam turned his face away from Hazrat Shibly Rahmatullahi ‘alayh .
Hazrat Shibly Rahmatullahi ‘alayh requested
“Highness! what error have I done?”
“Not an error! Our eyes show humility due to your favour. Until We on the Day of Judgement do not return the favour until then I will not be able to look you in the eye.”
Hazrat Sayyedina Wa Maulana Imam Hussain alayhis ‘salam shall intercede for the performers of this prayer on the Day of Judgement.
Narrated Qaza’a Maula: (freed slave of) Ziyad: I heard Abu Sa`id Al-khudri narrating four things from the Prophet and I appreciated them very much. He said, conveying the words of the Prophet.
(1) “A woman should not go on a two day journey except with her husband or a Dhi-Mahram.
(2) No fasting is permissible on two days: `Id-ul-Fitr and `Id-ul-Adha.
(3) No prayer after two prayers, i.e. after the Fajr prayer till the sunrises and after the `Asr prayer till the sun sets.
(4) Do not prepare yourself for a journey except to three Mosques, i.e. Al-Masjid-AI-Haram, the Mosque of Aqsa (Jerusalem) and my Mosque.”
Narrated Abu Huraira Allah’s Apostle said, “One prayer in my Mosque is better than one thousand prayers in any other mosque excepting Al−Masjid−AI−Haram.”
The Prophet said, “Do not set out on a journey except for three Mosques i.e.
the Mosque of Allah’s Apostle , and
the Mosque of Al-Aqsa, (Mosque of Jerusalem).”