Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “Make witr as your last prayer at night.”
Archive for the ‘Namaz’ Category
Benefits of Salat-Ul-Tasbih
Our Master Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)
How to perform Salatul Tasbih?
This salaat (namaz) is offered in four rakat at a time and can be read in any part of the day and night besides Zawal and Sunrise and Sunset makrooh times, keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salat (namaaz). But is is preferred before Zuhr (Fatawa Alamgeeri)
The Tasbih to be read in Salaat-Ul-Tasbeeh:
” Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar “
Goal is to recite above Tasbih 300 times in Four Rakah with the following method.
In the first rakaat, after reading Sana “Subhaana Kallahumma…”, read the above tasbih 15 times.
Now recite Aaoz “Aoozubillah…”, Bismillah “Bismillah…”, Then read sura Fatiha and a Surah or minimum of three small Ayayhs then read the tasbih 10 times again.
Go to ruku saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar), after reciting “Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem” minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Ruku.
Saying “Samee Allahu Liman Hamidah Rabbana Lakal Hamdh” get up from ruku to qiyam position.
Now read the tasbih 10 times.
Go to Sajdah saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting “Subhaana Rabbiyal A’la” minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah.
Now go after first Sajdah go to Jalsa (sitting position) saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Sitting in Jalsa read tasbih 10 times.
Go to sajda again saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting “Subhaana Rabbiyal A’la” minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah again.
Get up to begin 2nd rakat saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar).
Do rakah #2 in same fashion, but before reading Bismillah “Bismillah…”, and Surah Fatiha, read the tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat.
After second Sajdah of Second Rakat sit in Qaidah Oola (first sitting) read Attahiyat, Durood and Dua then get up for 3rd rakaat without saying Salam.
Begin third Rakat, just like the first Rakat, with Sana “Subhaana Kallahumma…”, read the above tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat untill you sit for Qaidah Akihra (last sitting) after second sajdah of fourth Rakah.
In Qaidah Akihra Attahiyat, Durood, Dua finish Salah with Salam.
Special notes for Salat-Ul-Tasbih:
1) Do not count loudly. It will break Salah
2) Do not count on fingers or by holding a Bead Tasbih in hand. It is Makruh.
3) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You me press pinky of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method untill you reach the pinky of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qayam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
4) If missed a count then make it up in the next posture. For example if forgot to recite Tasbih after Surah in Qayam. Then you may recite Tasbish 20 times instead of 10 in Rukuh after “Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem”. Missed Tasbih cannot be recited in Qayam after ruku and Jalsa between Sajdah. If you missed the Tasbih in Ruku then recite 20 in the first Sajdah instead of the Qayam after rukuh. Similarly if missed the Tasbih in first Sajdah then do not make it up in Jalsa. Instead recite missed tasbih in the second Sajdah. If Tasbih has been missed in last sajdah of second or fourth Rakah then you can recite the missed ones before Attahiyat in Qaidah.
5) If you miss a wajib in Salah and have to do Sajdah Sahaw. You dont have to recite Tasbih in Sajdah sahoo, since the 300 count has been estalished. But if you had missed Tasbih in any of the postures and remeber it now. Then you may recite the missed Tasbih in Sajdah Sahaw now.
6) It is preferable to recite after Surah Fatiha Sura Takathuur in the first raka’, Surah Wal A’sr in the second raka’, Surah Kaferoon (qul ya aiyuhal Kafiroon) in the third and Surah Akhlas (Qul hu Allah-hu ahd) in the fourth raka’. If one does not remember these surah they can recite the ones they prefer.
(1) 10 RAKAT NAFA: 5 SALAM ke sath
har rakat me
1 bar SURAH FATAHA 3 bar AYTAL KURSI 5 bar SURAH IKHLAS(PEHLA QUL)
yeh nafal gunnaho ki mafi ke liye hai.
(2) 12 RAKAT NAFAL : 3 Salam se
har rakat main
1 bar SURAH FATAHA 3 bar SURAH IKHLAS(PEHLA QUL)
yeh nafal perhne ke bad
100 dafa teesra 3th kalma
100 dafa ASTAGFAR(jo koi yaad ho )
200 DAFA DAROOD PAK
phir sajde main ja kar dua kare INSHALLAH TALLAH zaroor kabool hogi.
(3) 6 RAKAT NAFAL : 3 Salam se
2 2 rakat kar ke
har rakat me
1 bar SURAH FATAHA 7 bar SURAH IKHLAS(pehla QUL)
in naflo ka bhi bohat sawab hai .
Perform the Ghusl (bath) and Wuzu (ablution).
Then recite four rakats prayer.
In each rakat after Surah Hamd recite Surah Tawheed/Ikhlaas thrice and Surah Falaq once and Surah Naas once.
And after the prayer do recite 70 times “Astaghfirullaah Rabbee Wa Atoobu Ilayh”
Then recite the following Duaa: “Laa Hawla Walaa Quwwata illaa Billaahil Aliyyil Adhweem, Yaa Azeezu Yaa Ghaffaar, ighfirlee Dhunoobee, wa Dhunoobi Jamee’il Mu’mineena Wal Mu’minaat, Fa innahoo Laa Yaghfirudh Dhunooba illa Anta”.
And the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said:
No servant of my Ummat performs this prayer that a caller does not calls out from the sky: O slave of Allah! This deed has been elevated and your repentance (Tawbah) has been accepted and your sins are forgiven.
An angel will call out beneath the heavens: O slave of Allah! Congratulations to you and your family members.
An angel would call out: Your enemy would be satisfied with you on the day of Judgment. Another angel would call out: O slave of Allah! You would leave this world with faith. You would not be arrested. Your grave shall be expansive and illuminated.
Another angel would call out: O slave of Allah! Your parents are happy with you though they were dissatisfied with you before. Your parents and your descendants shall get salvation and there shall be increase in the livelihood in the world and the hereafter.
Hazrat Jibraeel (a.s.) would call out: At the time of death I would come with the Angel of death and would be kind to you and you shall not have any problem. Your body would not be pained at the time the soul is taken out.
The people asked: O Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.), how should one perform this if one desires to perform it in any other month? The Prophet (s.a.) replied:
In the same way with the merits.
And said: Jibraeel has taught me these words on the night of ascension (Shab-e-Me’raj).