Ibn `Umar said, “The Prophet made incumbent on every male or female, free man or slave, the payment of one Sa’ of dates or barley as Sadaqat−ul−Fitr (or said Sadaqa−Ramadan).” The people then substituted half Sa’ of wheat for that. Ibn `Umar
used to give dates (as Sadaqat−ul−Fitr). Once there was scarcity of dates in Medina and Ibn `Umar gave barley. ‘And Ibn `Umar used to give Sadaqat−ul−Fitr for every young and old person. He even used to give on behalf of my children. Ibn `Umar used to give Sadaqat−ul−Fitr to those who had been officially appointed for its collection. People used to give
Sadaqat−ul−Fitr (even) a day or two before the `Id.
Narrated Abu Huraira :
Al−Hasan bin `Ali took a date from the dates given in charity and put it in his mouth. The Prophet said, “Expel it from your mouth. Don’t you know that we do not eat a thing which is given in charity?”
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “No doubt, it is better for a person to take a rope and proceed in the morning to the mountains and cut the wood and then sell it, and eat from this income and give alms from it than to ask others for something.”
Narrated Ash−Shu`bi: The clerk of Al−Mughira bin Shu`ba narrated,
“Muawiya wrote to Al−Mughira bin Shu`ba: Write to me something which you have heard from the Prophet (p.b.u.h) .” So Al−Mughira wrote:
I heard the Prophet saying, “Allah has hated for you three things: −1. Vain talks, (useless talk) that you talk too much or about others. −2. Wasting of wealth (by extravagance) −3. And asking too many questions (in disputed religious matters) or asking others for something (except in great need).
Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said,
“The best charity is that which is practiced by a wealthy person. And start giving first to your dependents.”
Narrated Haritha bin Wahab Al−Khuza`i:
I heard the Prophet (p.b.u.h) saying, “(O people!) Give in charity (for Allah’s cause) because a time will come when a person will carry his object of charity from place to place (and he will not find any person to take it) and any person whom he shall request to take it, I will reply, ‘If you had brought it yesterday I would have taken it, but today I am not in need of it.”
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said,
“Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are:
(1) a just ruler;
(2) A young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah’s sake and they meet and part in Allah’s cause only;
(5) a manwho refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal actions with her and says: I am afraid of Allah.
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears.”