Ibn `Umar said, “The Prophet made incumbent on every male or female, free man or slave, the payment of one Sa’ of dates or barley as Sadaqat−ul−Fitr (or said Sadaqa−Ramadan).” The people then substituted half Sa’ of wheat for that. Ibn `Umar
used to give dates (as Sadaqat−ul−Fitr). Once there was scarcity of dates in Medina and Ibn `Umar gave barley. ‘And Ibn `Umar used to give Sadaqat−ul−Fitr for every young and old person. He even used to give on behalf of my children. Ibn `Umar used to give Sadaqat−ul−Fitr to those who had been officially appointed for its collection. People used to give
Sadaqat−ul−Fitr (even) a day or two before the `Id.
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said,
“Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are:
(1) a just ruler;
(2) A young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah’s sake and they meet and part in Allah’s cause only;
(5) a manwho refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal actions with her and says: I am afraid of Allah.
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears.”
Narrated `Adi bin Hatim: While I was sitting with Allah’s Apostle (p.b.u.h) two person came to him; one of them complained about his poverty and the other complained about the prevalence of robberies. Allah’s Apostle said,
“As regards stealing and robberies, there will shortly come a time when a caravan will go to Mecca (from Medina) without any guard. And regarding poverty, The Hour (Day of Judgment) will not be established till one of you wanders about with his object of charity and will not find anybody to accept it And (no doubt) each one of you will stand in front of Allah and there will be neither a curtain nor an interpreter between him and Allah, and Allah will ask him, ‘Did not I give you wealth?’ He will reply in the affirmative. Allah will further ask, ‘Didn’t send a messenger to you?’ And again that person will reply in the affirmative Then he will look to his right and he will see nothing but Hell-fire, and then he will look to his left and will see nothing but Hell-fire. And so, any (each one) of you should save himself from the fire even by giving half of a date-fruit (in charity). And if you do not find a hall date-fruit, then (you can do it through saying) a good pleasant word (to your brethren).